Benefits from using
Ocean supply chains are hard to track
If you reached this section, you probably have a good idea how hard ocean tracking is. Here are some common reasons that companies find it hard to track ocean shipments:
- Your shipment is booked by a third party who does not pass back the information you need to track your shipment.
- Carrier data is late and/or hard to find. You use multiple carriers, so you waste time searching carrier websites for your shipment.
- Your container is transshipped, but misses a pickup.
- The carrier was overbooked, and leaves your container for the next voyage.
- Port congestion leads to extensive delays. Even though the vessel is near the port, it has to wait until it can be processed.
- Your shipment is selected for a customs screening.
As a result, many companies find themselves wasting precious time and money chasing after information about their shipments.